Who is God Really?

Some of us are very confident in what we believe and that is a great thing. But some of us are a little confused not knowing where to find God or who God really he is. Does he hear our prayers? Will God answer me? I believe that a relationship with God is what is most important. What you believe might not be what somebody else believes and that is OK. Create your own unique relationship with God. We all have different needs, different hopes and different desires so how can we all have the same relationship with God? I do not think we can. Where is God you ask? He is in your heart. Open your heart today and start on your own personal spiritual journey.
Loading

Please Visit My Family Site

Website for the family. Coupons, saving money tips, kids free activities. Visit Popular Kids Stuff Here.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Creating a relationship with God




What are you? That is a question that you might be asked when speaking of your spirituality/religion to another person. Most people will give an answer like, Catholic, Christian, Jewish etc.


Or when you are filling out an application you might be asked to circle one of the below.

  • Catholic
  • Lutheran
  • Jewish
  • Episcopalian
  • Islamic
  • Christian
  • Other
  • None of the above
Ok, so you, yes you which one did you circle? So since you circled that one, does that mean that your God is the real God? Why of course it does. It is what you believe. You will be quick to say of course I believe in the real God. 

Well guess what. I have circled something different. Is my God the real God? Of course he is, he is what I believe in. My God is real to me.Do not get me wrong, I do not think that your God is not the real God. But I also believe that my God is the real God. Well is he the same God. I think so. But that does not mean that we are going to believe the same things. Absolutely not!

I think that there should only be two choices on the above list. 

  • Child of God
  • Atheist
Why do I think this way you might ask? Well for starters growing up when my family did go to church we went to Catholic church. Then as a teenager, I believed in God, but had no type of relationship with him. I did not attend any church. As I got a little older and wanted to pursue my spirituality I went to a Christian church. Before choosing "what I was" I would often go on line and read up on God. Trying to find guidance and something that I believed in. Christianity was the closest to what I felt in my heart so I went to a Christian church.

As my journey with God got stronger, I started to feel that one specific church was not necessarily for me. While I do not think that church is not a good place to go for guidance and uplifting and learning, I felt that my relationship with God was unique. Being around a support group and around people who have the same beliefs as you is a wonderful thing, and I am not against it at all, I am just saying, having your own special unique relationship with God is what is important. 

Have a read the Bible? Yes, from start to finish. And you are taught in church to study the Bible. To go to it when you are seeking answers. I believe that that is a great thing to do. They say that while reading, sometimes a passage will just pop out at you and that might be the answer to your prayer or the guidance that you are seeking at that time in your life. Still I believe that this is all true, but what you think that passage means and what I think that passage means can be two totally different things. Are you right or am I? We both are. The words will come to us with different meanings with different situations that are occurring in our own personal lives. 

Like I said before, when I was trying to figure out who I was and what role God played in my life, I would look things up on line. I would search and search for the answers that I was seeking. And to my surprise there were many different opinions on the same subject. Many of the different opinions came from people who say they were the same religion. Well how could that be? Who do I believe. Who's advice is right? I strongly believe that your own advice is the correct advice. What you feel in your heart is the right advice. 

I believe that no two people have the same relationship with God. He made each of us to be unique. So therefore each of us need different things from God. Sure we should all try our best to do the right thing. We should always try to stay on the right path and follow in the footsteps of God, but that thing that is right for you, is it right for me? Maybe not. If I cannot memorize each verse of the bible I do not think that God is going to be mad at me. He did not give me that gift. Though somebody else might be able to repeat the whole bible from start to finish, does that mean he is closer to God than I am? I do not think so, he might have given me another gift that that person does not have.

What about people with totally different beliefs in different Gods? Are there different Gods? I do not know that. I do not think so.  Do you? Maybe God wanted different people to believe different things. It could be for diversity or to test your faith with your own beliefs. Who am I to say that your God is fake? Your God may well be my God. 

Do I think that different people have different rules? Well not exactly. But what if I see the rule as something different than how you see it? Then what. Again is my way right or is yours?

I think that the most important thing is creating a relationship with God. I was so often confused not knowing if what I was doing was correct. Was God going to be mad at me? Did I pray correctly? Will my prayer not be answered because I forgot the last verse? No I do not think so. God is all about giving YOU what you need. To guide YOU in your life. How can somebody else tell you what God is going to do in your situation? They cannot, they are not God. You have to search deep inside of your heart. You have to feel what he is telling you. What I pray for might sound silly to you, but it might be what I need.

 By all means study, form your own opinions, get support from those around you, but create your own unique relationship with God. Do not be scared to have your own opinions or thoughts. I no longer go to Church on Sundays. Not because I do not like church, or that I do not believe in it. But all day every day I will randomly speak to God. Ask his advice, pray, thank him for all that he has done for me. What do you think is more important to God? Picking one day a week to go sit with him in his house or talking with him all day long about everything. Confiding in him as a friend, a provider a leader.  There is no right or wrong answer here, but for me that works. That is the way we build our relationship. I cannot say it is the right way for you, but I can say with confidence that it is the right way for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sonic Run: Internet Search Engine Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Pingates